Thursday, August 23, 2007

End of Summer

My 4 months long summer holidays finally ended this week and it is back to school again.

This summer holidays had two important events: FTB and the backpacking trip.

I really learn a lot of things from the FTB training; more importantly I got to know more about my strengths and weaknesses at the same time.

I was really apprehensive about facilitating my groups; looking back now I felt that I didn't do too bad. Although the outcome was far from desired, at least my freshies learned a thing or two from the experience.

My run 4 group with senior faci Elisa

Through FTB I also get to know many new friends. My social circle seems to increase almost 3 fold over the course of the summer. Got to know some really funny and interesting people along the way and it is really good to expand my social circle in SMU.

The other important event got to be the backpacking trip. It was my first time backpacking although in actual fact it was more like flashpacking. I did most of the planning and it turned out not too bad in the end.

While there were misses like the guesthouse in Siem Reap, the overall experience was not too bad. Maybe I could do another similar trip at the end of the year.

The first week of school has almost passed and it is textbooks frenzy again. It sounds a little crazy that I'm doing 5.5 modules but at the end of the day it will be done.

Project groups are being formed too and fate dictates that I will be working with Cecilia. We had a hell of a time doing LTB together and it will be fun working with her again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home