Friday, October 10, 2008

Sensitivity

I didn't think of myself as a sensitive person but I was rather disturbed by one of my project members. Somehow I felt that some of his actions and words towards a particular person of the fairer sex would constitute as sexual harassment; I believe that there are dudes got punished for less serious stuff in the workplaces.

Well, since the victim doesn't feel victimised or offended, I don't know what should I do about it.

There may be other girls (or guys like me) who find his remarks offensive.

It is also likely that his behavior will get worse if no one reins him in. If he thinks that his actions are alright, he will bring the same mentality to the workplace in the future. The repercussions by then will be be so simple as compared to now.

An ethical dilemma...

Perhaps it's only me being over-sensitive.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home