Thursday, January 25, 2007

I fear getting shot by a six-pointer....

This afternoon I had another LTB meeting. There will be a presentation about the progress of our community service project on Monday and we urgently needed a reply from Gregory, the person from the children's home who we are liaising with. However he happened to be on leave till Friday and there was nothing we could do.

My group decided to finalize the plan to present to the children's home and also began to discuss about how to raise the funds needed for our project. The girls were discussing about getting sponsors before they decided that baking cookies for sale seems a good idea.

Each of us need to just push about 50 dollars worth of cookies and we would have 350 bucks to work with. Then I asked them... should we make the cookies halal? Before any of them replied, I started to complain about how the Malays can take only halal food and we have to accommodate them whenever we eat together.

Out of the blue, Yan Ting, one of my group mates, announced that her boyfriend is Malay and protested against my statement. My expression must be priceless then. Shit... should have kept my fucking big mouth shut.... Then she walked out of the room, leaving me totally stunned.

I was quite worried about offending her because I managed to irritate them in a meeting earlier. You never know how sensitive some girls can get. I was really afraid that I might make her cry. Cecilia wasn't helpful at all; when I asked her does she think Yan Ting will cry, she gave me the it's-your-fault-serve-you-right -and-you-better-say-sorry type of response.

When Yan Ting returned to the room, I immediately apologized to her. Although there was no indication that she cried, it's better to be safe than sorry. She assured me that she didn't take it to heart and I need not hold back what I want to say.

Well, I am still afraid. Her boyfriend is still in NS and who knows after she complains he may smuggle a rifle out to shoot me. Then Yan Ting said that her boyfriend is a six-pointer in the army.

I gave her the super blur look; huh... what's a six-pointer? How come I never hear before? O-Levels got six points ah? She tried to explain but couldn't find the right term to describe the vocation.

I tried to be helpful and suggested. Sniper? Sharpshooter? Bingo... I got the right answer.

I've been warned. I better watch my back from now on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home