Sunday, November 11, 2007

Evaluation

As the end of the semester drew near, some of the courses require us to give assessment for our project members. More often than not, it is a source of dilemma.

It is easy to say let's be honest and assess the person fairly. However things are never as simple. After working a period of time, naturally there will be some form of relationship formed among the project group members. For better or for worse, it will somehow cloud my evaluation of the person's performance.

At the same time, it will not be fair to those who contribute more and yet receive the same amount of credit as those who do not contribute as much. And there is always the prisoners' dilemma: How are the others going to rate me? Should I rate them lower or higher?

This dilemma is posed to me yet again. If everyone is contributing in the same quality of work, it will be much easier for me to evaluate. However, if one could not deliver that due to his/her ability, should I penalize him/her for that?

Welcome to the cruel real world...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home