Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Another Incident

I like to take bus 69 at around 0830 which is usually filled with Temasek Polytechnic students going to school. The main reason is beacuse I get to enjoy some eye candies during that short 10 minutes journey.

On my way home just now, as I could take the other bus services, I decided not to join the long queue for 69 at the interchange but chose to wait at the side instead. In the end 2 bus 69 came and I got to board the 2nd one. I was the last few to got on the bus together with an old ah-ma who is probably about 70 years old.

All the seats were taken already, including those supposedly reserved for elderly folks and pregnant ladies. I expected someone to give up a seat for the ah-ma (especially those on the reserved green seats) but no one in the first half of the bus did.

I was quite angry at the sight. Most of the people who were sitting down were obviously TP students on their way to school. I was wondering if I would do a HK bus uncle by making the person in the reserved green seat to vacate it for the old ah-ma. In the end I didn't need to as a Malay girl in tudung (probably a TP student too) gave up her seat near the exit door to the ah-ma.

Is it really that difficult to stand on a short 15 min bus ride for a 18 year old? It seems that the young people nowadays are very selfish. Maybe it's time to rethink what has went wrong in our civics education.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home