Wednesday, July 12, 2006

JB Excursion

Yesterday I went on an excursion to JB (again). Unlike the last time where we had a party of 10, this time there would only be 4 of us. We were supposed to meet at 1045 but in the end we left Woodlands Intechange at 1140. Wai San was made to wait the longest as Chiang was late as usual.

After breezing through the customs we followed our usual routine of walking to City Square. After making this kind of trip so many times, we knew where to go and what to do. The first thing was of course lunch and we made a point to try different places each time we visit.

Our lunch was at Food Junction since I read that the claypot rice was not bad. It turned out to be so-so but the good thing was that it wasn't expensive. After that we went to the cinema ticketing booth. We should have made the trip on Thursday for the opening of Pirates of Carribbean but I couldn't make it. In the end we settled for the 1545 showtime for Superman Returns.

The main purpose of this trip for Wai San and Chiang was to highlight their hair and we went to the Reds Hair Saloon. I got my haircut there as well. Chiang wanted his hair highlighted a la Beckham while Wai San wanted something not too striking just in case something went wrong. In the end Chiang's new highlighted hair turned out to be too light for his liking and he knew that his mom will nag him when he returned home.

Wai San's new hair colour wasn't very discernible unless under bright lights and both his and Chiang's hair were barely cut despite paying 20 bucks for it. Chiang spent an additional 20 on treatment which really improved (he felt) the quality of his hair. I think that the amount of money we spent there is quite worth is as we have to pay a lot more for the same things over in Singapore.

The air-con in the theatre was super strong and we were freezing throughout the 2.5 hrs. Superman Returns was rather boring and Lois Lane was the only redeeming point. I like the other superheroes' movie like Spiderman and Batman much better; probably because I do not have as much background infomation on Superman.

We went to shop around before dinner. I got a shirt for 27 rm, about 13 sgd which I think was quite reasonable. Dinner was at Kenny Rogers where all 4 of us ate the quarter chicken meal. The meal was quite enjoyable and inexpensive too. We didn't realize how fast time flew during our trip and it was almost 8 when we finished our dinner.

Our last stop for the day was the supermarket at Komtar where Shahid bought some foodstuff home. We reached the customs at around 9.10pm and there was no hassle on both sides. I managed to reach home at 10.30pm which was very early compared to midnight the last time.

This excursion once again confirmed my observation. I think that I risk a lot by saying it out here but I need to get it off my chest. I hadn't seen one very pretty girl in Malaysia on so many trips there. Compared to Singapore it seems that Malaysia is really like a barren desert.

You may think that I only go to JB but I had made trips to KL as well. My conclusion is that all the pretty Malaysian girls are either hiding in some ulu kampongs somewhere or are actresses in Singapore or Hong Kong. (ie Florence Tan, Jessica Liu, Lee Xin Jie, etc) Maybe Chi Ho doesn't agree with me but that's his bloody problem.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home