Monday, September 25, 2006

Week 6

While it is mid term break for both NUS and NTU students now, I still need to go to school this week. I'm not complaing because our term started 2 weeks later. However I think the amount of effort we had put in definitely dwarfed what the students in other 2 schools combined.

Ok I'm exaggerating but it's no joke. SMU is too bloody competitive. I have friends already complementing a transfer to the greener pastures of NTU. (To the extent that she actually knows that transfer students can still apply for tuition grant if the switch took place within a year.) Everywhere you go, whether it's library, GSRs or even benches, there will be students around you mugging.

So far for me it's not that bad yet. The first few weeks were rather hard to get used to but I'm more or less adapted already. Didn't really study much for the past 2 weeks and I think it will start haunting me very soon. I need to complete 2 essays of 1000 words each by end of this week but I have no idea what to do about them. Next week will be mid terms for stats and biz law so it is probably good game for me by then.

Time really flies now. Before I know it, one week ends and all the deadlines and tests draw nearer. It's a stark contrast to those dark NS days whereby it was years before the weekend arrived. The only thing that hasn't change is that the weekend is still too short. I always set targets to meet during the weekends but in the end I will spend my time playing and watching football. A typical weekend will see me watch 5 EPL matches which is obviously not very productive.

I have made some plans for the holidays but none of them seem likely to be fulfilled. (Unless I go alone.) Nevermind though. I just hope that this semester will end quicky because all SMU students really deserve a break.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home