Thursday, February 01, 2007

Why I Dislike Clerks

I have many friends who were clerks in NS but in reality I really thought lowly of them. I understand that some of the clerks are posted because of their medical conditions but many of them actually 'keng' their ways there.

While I admit that I'm nowhere near being a good soldier, I make sure that other people do not suffer because I was slack or try to 'keng'. If you try to 'keng' your way in the army, wouldn't you try to 'keng' your way again later in your life? That speak so much of a person's mentality.

Many of these 'keng'sters usually end up as clerks. Yet complaints never cease from them. How much of physical work do clerks actually have to do? Minimal or none at all. Most probably the most physical stuff they need to do is walking to the other offices to get signatures. Most offices have aircon and they hardly need to break a sweat.

Do they need to put on camouflage and go 'cheong sua' in the sun or rain? They just sit inside offices and answer phone calls while the combatants were out sweating in the jungle. They often complain about mental stress as they have to dodge arrows and play office politics. It is as if the combat side people don't have these problems at all. Combatants also need to 'siam' the saikang that the Enciks prepare for them and play the politics game as well.

Sometimes you will get angry when you hear their clerks' complaints. "Wah lau, why you come to the office now? I need to go for my canteen break leh...." After hearing this definitely feel like punching the guy. You think you some big shot ah... Think I so free whole day then wait for you to finish your canteen break....You dare to say this to a captain or not.... Fucker... Only know how to bully corporal....

Well I know that SAF cannot function without these clerks but I don't rate them at all. In fact I'm sure that they will be grateful being a clerk if they tried to do my job during NS for a day.

I'm sure those clerks reading this will know this best.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home