Saturday, November 15, 2008

First

Today was the first time that I was pissed off with other members of my OCIP team over work.

If I were frustrated before, I would say that it was mainly down to either my own helplessness or the unpredictability of situations.

It really took something for me to be upset with people; maintaining personal relations is very important for me and I am always generous in accepting excuses for people whom I don't know well.

Unable to turn up for meetings? Perhaps you have some personal matters.

Unable to complete the work? Perhaps there are other important stuff to be done.

Need to leave early to study? No problem at all... studies are more important.

The lack of urgency was the breaking point; everyone else simply just sat around and expected that all the things would be done by themselves.

I realized that very often the work are done only by people who care enough. In many occasions the less committed were able to get away because someone else would be willing to step in to salvage the situations.

I wouldn't complain if I had done more work than others; work can never be distributed in an equitable manner and I was willing to do a little more for the completion of the project.

All I desire was more commitment, accountability and responsibility from everyone.

I've tried hard to hide my unhappiness just now but I guess that it wasn't too hard to detect.

Perhaps I shouldn't care so much anymore.

Fuck.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home