Friday, October 20, 2006

Saikang

It was kind of weird when I received a sms from Ken Ang yesterday afternoon. He asked me whether I was free in the afternoon and could help him with some decoration stuff. He promised that it would take about an hour plus to complete. Being a nice guy, I agreed to help him.

I met up with him at the library and while we walked towards the Business School to get some stuff, a familiar figure caught my eyes. It turned out to be Fabian, our classmate from secondary school. It was really a surprise to see him as he is studying in NUS now. He happened to be in the area and had time to spare before his Young Lions training . He couldn't find any space at the national library and decided to study on one of the benches outside Business School instead.

Fabian was commenting on how nice SMU's environment is and he already saw a few pretty girls walked past him. I would say it's more of the case of the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence. Ken decided to bring Fabian to the admin block conference hall where he would be doing his decorations. The air-con was super strong and the condition there was much better than the haze outside.

While Fabian settled down to do his stats tutorial, Ken began his decoration of the stage. There would be a SSU Awards presentation ceremony today and Ken volunteered to be part of the organising committee. I was like... ermm... Ken... haven't you done enough saikang in NS....oh i forgot... you only s**k your CO.....haha....

The other decorators had something on and Ken was the only one left. I was dragged along to accompany him. We managed to finish preparing the tables and tried to do the decoration of the stage. It was rather tedious and I gave it up after a while but Ken persevered. In the end the decoration was too ugly and Ken decided to wait for the other decorators to do together in the evening.

Although I didn't help him much, Ken still treated me to the promised dinner. But unless he treats me to lobster the next time, I'm not willing to do this kind of saikang job again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home