Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Stacy

If you guys who have been reading my blog didn't know this by now, I'm actually learning Korean at the Tampines Central CC on Sundays.

You all must be thinking I'm some Korean-crazy nut now... Actually I don't think I'm qualified to be one. I just watch a few Korean dramas (the popular ones) and except for the few famous ones all the Korean actresses look the same to me. So why do I sign up for the course?

Reason 1: Shahid wants to learn Korean and asked me to join the class with him.

Reason 2: Learning a foreign language seems cool.

Reason 3: This is the probably the most important reason; we deduce that we will have cute girls as classmates in the class.

Lesson 1

Both of us were late for the first lesson and only single seats were left. Shahid got to sit with a Chinese auntie and I had to sit with a Malay makcik. Ironic isn't it? The size of the class surprised us; we didn't expect that there would be about 25 students altogether.

Most students are females and they come in all sorts of forms from early teens to probably grandmothers. I suspect that most of them are fans of either Rain or Bae Yong Jun or whoever whoever. There are only a few guys around and perhaps they are fans of Chang Jin? LOL

The teacher April taught us the Korean alphabets and how to pronounce them. She made us play Bingo where we had to cross off the Korean alphabet which she read out. The first person who crossed out 5 in a row will shout 'Bingo' and win the game.

The alphabets seem to sound all the same and I gave up on the game almost immediately after it started. After about 12 alphabets, finally someone 'Bingo'. My instinct was to look around the class for the genius.

The genius turned out to be a girl named Stacy. Up till now, she is the only person in the Korean class whom I can remember the name. (Beside Shahid and April of course...)

So why do I remember her name? Is it because she is super stunning? Or her voice is super sweet? Haha... Neither is correct...

Her name stayed in our minds because of her attitude. She played it so cool when she told April her name and immediately we knew that she's kind of different. She has this 'aura' which gives me the feeling that she is some big shot somewhere and not someone we like to mess with.

It's like... if you are her boyfriend and she finds out that you cheat on her, she will most probably castrate you without a second thought.... Well these are all first impressions but I think Shahid will probably agree with me.

Lesson 2

The class happened to be on the same day as Rain's concert and Stacy did not turn up. Hmmm... Probably she is a fan of Rain and bought the $688 ticket. Anyway we spotted another girl who is quite cute but I don't know her name yet. Shahid, do you know?

Lesson 3 & 4

I did not turn up for both lessons; I was terribly sick for the lesson 3 and Thailand-Singapore match on TV was more important than lesson 4. My Korean is getting really rusty by then.

Lesson 5

Finally I returned to the class. I found myself lagging behind and didn't even know that we had homework. However I'm naturally talented and should be able to catch up in no time.

Stacy was sitting in front of me, beside an auntie who missed April's English most of the time. Stacy was quite helpful and translated for the auntie throughout the one and a half hour. Perhaps our first impressions were not that accurate after all.

After the class Shahid and I were chatting. He will not be going for the next lesson because he is going for the NUS Choir concert. I told him that I will sit beside Stacy for the next lesson. LOL...

Shahid's reply was funnier... Stacy is not be going for the next class as well because she will be sitting beside him during the choir concert... HAHAHAHA...

Stacy... Both of us are infatuated with you now!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home