Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Two Hundred Pounds Beauty

미녀는 괴로워

I watch this movie on the recommendation of a few friends.

The story is so-so I guess. There are some parts which are really funny (e.g. the car accident) but the director did not build on from there. The plot got a little bit predictable and the supposedly touching part did not affect me much. Perhaps there are some hidden meanings in the movie that I fail to grasp.

The Beauty from 200 Pounds Beauty

Eye candy-wise, the movie scores full marks once the female lead turns from 'Han-na' to 'Jenny'. The lead actress Kim Ah Joong has a resemblance to a couple of other Korean actresses whom I have seen before (Kim Tae Hee, Son Ye Jin, Kim Hyun Joo, etc) and all of them seem to exude a type of 'aura'. It is kinda hard to explain but I think that it got to do with their expressive eyes; they always have the 'come-protect-me' vulnerability in them.

I'm not sure whether the songs in the movie are really performed by the lead actress herself. She will definitely be the Next Big Thing if her voice is really so powerful.

However fiction is so often derived from the truth; perhaps she has a fat back-up singer in real life too, just like in the movie.

1 Comments:

Blogger WEIQING TAN said...

Don't know about the back up singer part, but the actress in the role of Jenny really was fat & hideous in the past. She went through platic surgery in reality just like Kang Hanna.

3:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home