Saturday, August 19, 2006

Poor Poor Liverpool

Today I went to the Pasir Ris Camp for the mobilisation briefing. Last night we all were discussing whether we should be wearing no 4 or just go there in our civillian clothes. In the end we decided that since we orded already we should just go there in civillian. Most of us agreed to meet at Pasir Ris Interchange at 11.45am for lunch. There would be shuttle bus that brings us from there to the camp.

I met up with many of my friends whom I never seen since I ord. Quite happy to meet up with them and most of our discussions were about school life. Pasir Ris Camp is located at a super ulu place and it's hard to reach there without your own transport. I saw even more familiar faces there and was surprised of how much some had changed. The most surprsing one must be Kevin Tay who ballooned since last October. His whole body and face were swollen. That was really a far cry from the days when he was awarded the golden bayonet. Civillian life certainly was too good for him. Maybe since he's going to be our reservist CSM, he wants his size to be the same as Tan Kian Tiong's.

Before the start of the briefing the brigade RSM kaopehed us about some of us not coming in no 4. We all knew that we could get away this time so we didn't give a hoot. I didn't pay much notice to the briefing but I knew that I had to report in FBO on 7 October. Super sian but it is part of being a Singaporean. I was given the appointment of detachment 2ic. After reading the job description it seemed that it came with a heavy responsibility. However from what I deduced, even if I didn't do anything, I won't get into any trouble.

After the briefing we were taken to a tour of the place where we will report during the mobilisation. I couldn't be bothered to remember anything because I know I will forget by then. I was very glad that it ended early and went to play pool with Swee they all. After dinner I rushed home to watch the Liverpool match. I already missed the first half when I reached home. I heard from my sister Liverpool was crap and both Carra and Riise were injured. Not the best of start but I hope that second half will be better.

How wrong was I proved to be. Within seconds of restarting the match Sheffield United scored. What the fuck was Aurelio doing... Felt rather pissed about it but I was still confident that Liverpool had the capacity to come back. We did equalise through a dubious penalty but that's the closest they came whole match. Overall we were poor and we need to improve to qualify for the Champions' League group stages. We will always remain as pretenders if we can't win supposedly easy games against lesser opponents. We always screw up against direct opposition like Sheffield United and Rafa needs to work a way to rectify the problem. I'm praying that the other big four will drop points this weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home