Tuesday, August 22, 2006

School so far...

This week is the start of the academic year 06/07. I returned to school after a forced 2.5 years hiatus yesterday. My only lesson of the day was Stats. It was rather dry but I surprised myself that I was able to go through the 3 hour lesson without being disengaged.

There were a couple of familiar faces in the stats class. Chun Boon was my first 3 months classmate. Kok Hsien was my class rep in JC. Marcus was in the same BMTC platoon as me. It turns out that my preassigned classes are exactly the same as Kok Hsien's. While it's good to have someone familiar to be with in the same class, hanging around with Kok Hsien isn't what I envisage for my SMU life. We are on different wavelength and hardly hanged around together during JC. Basically beside academic stuff we got nothing much else to talk about. Haiz.. but it still beats knowing no one at all.

After my stats class I hanged around before meeting Kendrick they all at Bugis for lunch. We were supposed to meet at 1.30pm but they only arrived after 2pm. It turned out that Qinyao misheard that Shahid would only released at 1.45pm and went to print his notes. The rest had to wait for him (incl. me and Jeremy) but if he had any remorse he didn't show it. He insisted that Shahid told him the wrong timing (while the rest heard 1pm). Nevermind though. I was famished when we finally got to start eating.

Qinyao was repeatedly teased by us because of the garang cheers he did at Jiesheng's birthday. The main instigators were Shahid and Ho Teck. The people sitting near Qinyao didn't dare to do anything too funny as Qinyao's flying hankie is super powerful. Soon one thing led to another and we even came up with a cheer for Qinyao our charismatic leader.

Qinyao! Are You Ready?!?!

We say Qinyao no 1
You don't believe you very cham
What say you say i say

You say Qinyao no 2
We say you very kuku
What say you say I say

You say Qinyao no 3
We kick you up the tree
What say you say I say

Alright I admit that we were juvenile but it's still fucking funny. I couldn't contain my laughter throughout the whole lunch.

Today's Creative Thinking was in the afternoon. My professor is Magaret Chan, if anyone can recall she is the actress from Masters of the Sea. Some parts of her lessons were rather interesting and we even had to do a mini talentine within 20 minutes. However many of the words she used during the lecture were too bombastic for me to comprehend and my mind began to wander around. There was also this stress factor of needing to speak up in class. My thoughts were way too slow and it seemed that the rest always had something (not necessarily constructive) to add on.

I almost got a big fat zero for my participation in my first CT lesson. At the end of the lesson I just reminded her to collect our gradings of the talentine performaces and she actually accorded me participation points for it. Oh my god.... I never expected that but it's okay. Welcome to SMU where it's not necessarily better but definitely different.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home